Full Time Human Resources Assistant – Sydney CBD
Sydney Head Office
Employment Status: Full-Time (Parental Leave Cover)
Location: Gregory Jewellers Head Office, Sydney CBD 2000
Closing date: 1st July 2021
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Human Resources team as a HR Assistant on a fixed term parental leave contract. The HR Assistant will support the HR team in the provision of HR services to the Gregory Jewellers and Pandora retail store network across Sydney and Melbourne.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the role covers most aspects of HR however predominantly focusses on recruitment & selection and general HR administration.
This is a fantastic role for an up-and-coming professional who is seeking further exposure and development in Human Resources. Whilst the successful candidate will be given training and guidance, the role will be suited to those who have completed their tertiary qualifications and have some HR or Recruitment exposure or experience.
This role is Full-time, Monday to Friday, based in our Sydney CBD and will be a fixed term contract position for the first 6 months, with the possibility of extending to 12 months in line with the parental leave requirements. Ongoing employment after this may or may not be possible.
We would love to hear from those who
- Recruitment and selection, end to end including; drafting job adverts, screening applications, conducting phone interviews, arranging interviews, conducting reference checks, drafting employment contracts and making offers of employment
- Support in generalist Human Resources activities
- Support in workplace health and safety (WHS) and workers compensation processes
- Support in the coordination of our new employee probation review process
- Support in performance management processes
- Under guidance, provide basic advice to managers and employees
- Liaise with external providers as required from time to time
- Conducting exit interviews
- Maintaining and filing of employee records
- Organising workplace cultural events and activities
Personal Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- Have a great personality to fit in to a close-knit team!
- Are highly trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality
- Possess Human Resource or relevant tertiary qualifications
- Previous ‘end to end’ Recruitment experience
- Ideally some generalist HR experience or understanding
- Are very organised and efficient
- Possess intermediate Microsoft office skills ie excel, word and power-point
- Have a willingness to learn yet not be afraid to give things a try!
About Gregory Jewellers
Established in 1967, Gregory Jewellers is a renowned Australian owned leading jewellery manufacturer. As purveyors of fine diamonds and jewellery for more than 50 years, Gregory Jewellers has a long and lustrous heritage of exquisite craftsmanship and dedicated customer service. Gregory Jewellers encompasses of 15 boutique showrooms throughout Sydney & Melbourne. In our boutiques we showcase the world’s leading Swiss Watch brands alongside our own exclusive, handcrafted luxury in house jewellery collections and bespoke one of a kind piece.
Benefits of working with Gregory Jewellers
This is a great chance to be part of a fun a friendly team environment in a luxury boutique with an Australian owned successful family business! We offer in-depth training and support to evolve into the role. Attractive staff incentives and discounts are also available!
To apply for the position
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating your suitability to the role. Please also include the days and hours that you are available across a 7 day week.
Not the role you’re looking for? View other positions here.