The DNA of the U-2 chronometer lies firmly with the military following the pioneering development and dramatic success of the Bremont military air-crew watch developed in association with the world’s largest ejection seat manufacturer, Martin-Baker. The elite 9th Reconnaissance Wing at Beale wanted a watch with the same testing history as the Bremont MB but one that had also been custom-tested to their own requirements. The finished U-2 chronometer has most of the advanced elements of the MB, including; the Anti-shock rubberised movement mount; designed to withstand the MB ejection seat program, but also added functionality.
• Modified calibre 11 ½''' BE-36AE automatic chronometer with 38 hour power reserve
• Hardened stainless steel Trip-Tick® case construction
• Water resistant to 10 ATM, 100 metres
• Black leather strap and additional Temple Island rubber strap
• Modified calibre 11 1/2''' BE-36AE automatic chronometer, 25 jewels, glucydur balance. Anachron balance spring, Nivaflex 1 mainspring, 28,800 bph, 38 hour power reserve, Bremont moulded and skeletised decorated rotor.
• Hour/minute/second, date and day at 3H.
• Hardened stainless steel or DLC Trip-Tick® case construction. Inner soft iron anti-magnetic Faraday cage to protect movement. Protective patented anti-shock movement mount. Patented inner bi-directional Roto-Click® bezel. Operated by crown at 4H. Case diameter 43mm, lug width 22mm.
• Stainless steel decorated case back, 6 stainless steel screws with polished heads/DLC coated stainless steel decorated case back, 6 stainless steel screws.
• Metal dial, Super-LumiNova® coated numerals and hands.
• Domed anti-reflective, scratch resistant sapphire crystal.
• 10 ATM, 100 metres.
• C.O.S.C chronometer tested.
• Individually serial numbered with accompanying C.O.S.C certification.